Tuesday 26 February 2013

Architectural Photography

 
Architectural photography is the photographing of buildings and man made structures.
 
In small groups we discussed what we associate architecture with and this is what my group came up with........ 
 
 
 
Here are a few images I took in Manchester a few months back on a sunny and blue skied day at the end of last year....
 
 
 
 
The weather and light was perfect for photographing architecture as it created the reflections and colours.
 
 

 
 


 
This is obviously an older, more traditional building. I took this one to show the symmetry.
 
 
 
 
 
At the weekend, I went to Liverpool with the intention of taking some photos of architecture. The weather was very dull and depressing, so not ideal for this subject but I stuck with it anyway!
 
The colours came out looking very flat and grey due to the light so I desaturated them to get rid of any colour.
 
This is the Echo arena...
 


 
Lines and shapes.

 
Different viewpoints.
 
 

 

 
Details.
 
 
 
 
This is the Museum of Liverpool which is quite an interesting building.




 

 
 
 
Here are a view more shots of more modern buildings...







 
 

 
 
 
 
 
I also took a few images of some old buildings which I didn't enjoy as much.
 



 

 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment