Monday 27 May 2013

Colour negative film

 
Shooting film is something I'd never done up until recently. It is very different as you can't see the result of the picture until the film has been processed and developed. 
 
 I was given a Canon EOS 300 28-75mm to go out and shoot a subject of my choice. I chose to photograph textures, brick walls and trees.
 
After the film had been processed, I scanned the negatives in. I needed a special bracket to hold the negatives whilst being scanned. Then I had to set the scanning mode to negative so that when it was scanned, it would appear positive. I needed to set the dpi to about 2400 otherwise it would have been too small. This took about 10 mins per scan!
 
Here are 2 of my scans.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After scanning, I opened them in photoshop, cropped each image and then enlarged.
 
Here are some of the images.
 






2 comments:

  1. interesting post Holly, you have some good images here, I like how you have concentrated on texture. The colours could do with a bit of a tweek, but apart from that they are very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are a bit greeny blue aren't they. I didn't touch the colours.

      Delete