Friday 26 October 2012

Shutter speed - Motion Blur & Abstract imagery

 

Last night I found a place to park my car by a busy road so I could experiment more with slow shutter speeds. The car lights, traffic lights and street lights were ideal for having a play around.


 
This was a bus going past. You really get that sense of movement in this image like it is zooming past. This was shot with a shutter speed of 6 seconds.

 
I could have improved this by using a tripod. Because of the long shutter speed (10sec), there is lots of camera shake. The pub and trees and everything in the background are blurry. If I'd have had a tripod, they would have been clear and the movement of the car would have been more effective.
 
These next few images are quite abstract, as I experimented with slow shutter speeds whilst moving the camera and zooming the lens.

 
With this one, I was moving my camera during the exposure, giving a real abstract image.  
10 sec

 
With this one I used a 13 sec shutter speed and zoomed the lense during exposure.


13 secs. I like that the road isn't totally clear on this one. I think it gives quite a hazey, dreamy feel to it. It feels a little bit like I was the one moving on the road on this one.

 
    6 sec.
  I noticed reflections in my car window. Again, i moved my camera during exposure.

6 sec
 

                                                                             6 sec
   Street light waves
 
 
6 sec
 
 

                                                                             4 sec
 This was a tree with fairylights on. Zoom during exposure.


Here are some images taken in the daytime, showing motion blur.


For this image (below), I put my camera on a wall and used a remote control shutter release to prevent camera shake. This meant that everything that was still, looks clear in the picture, but anything that is moving, looks blurred and you can see the motion.


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment