Sunday 7 October 2012

Aperture - Shallow DOF - 7 final images





f/6.3
 
I took this on one of my walks. As you can see, the berries on the right are clear and in focus and everything else is blurred background making them stand out and making them the main focal point of the image.
 
 

f/5.6
 
Again, I took this image on a walk I took. The blur of colours of the landscape behind really accentuates the detail and shape of the piece of grass.
 
 
 

f/5
 
I took this image when we were doing work on topography and I did a typology of different types of leaves, but i took a quick snap from a different angle with a wide aperture. You can see how it has produced a depth of field because only part of the Holly leaf is in focus and everything around is blurred. You can notice on the wood underneath aswell how muh of the image is in focus. 

f/5.6
 
My Dad is also interested in photography so I took this when i was out shooting with him. Again, really shallow depth of field with him in focus and the background blurred and un-distracting.

f/5.6
 
Straight away with this one, you can see (i hope) what I was intending for you to look at first. The green fern is clear and then as things get further away, they are less in focus. I think this works because of the lighter green in the leaf. If it looked the same tone of green as the ones in the background, the depth of field wouldn't be shallow enough for it to stand out. 

f/2.2
 
I took this soon after getting my new 50mm f/1.8 lens. Obviously with this lens, I was able to get a much shallower depth of field because it can be set to a much wider aperture than what my other lenses can. Only a very small portion of the image is in focus and everything else blurred which gives a creative effect.

f/3.2
 
I used my 50mm lens for this image aswell. It's not just the object at the front that has to be in focus when experimenting with depth of field. I tried others where i isolated one of the tea lights in the middle instead and the front and back ones would be blurred.



No comments:

Post a Comment